The LawWorks Pro Bono Awards recognise and celebrate achievement in legal pro bono work, undertaken by organisations and individuals, and the commitment of the legal sector in enabling access to justice.
We have been shortlisted for three awards:
- Best Contribution by an Individual – Eddie Coppinger
- Best Contribution by a Pro Bono Clinic – Dracaena Webcam Advice Project: Dracaena Community Centre, Legal Advice Centre (University House), Charles Russell Speechlys and White & Case
- Best Digital/Virtual Pro Bono Activity (a new award for 2020) – Advice Portal
The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be livestreamed at 6pm on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
The judging panel for the awards are:
- Stephanie Boyce, Deputy President of the Law Society
- Ruth Daniel, Chief Executive of the Access to Justice Foundation
- Paul Rogerson, Editor of the Law Society Gazette
- Adam Tear, Chair of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court advocates
- Chris Minnoch, Director of the Legal Aid Practitioners Group
- Koser Shaheen, Chair of the Law Society’s Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division
- Heidi Sandy, Chair of the Law Society’s Women Lawyers Division
- Yasmin Batliwala, Chief Executive of Advocates for International Development
- Mark Evans, Chair of Wales Committee of The Law Society and Council Member for North Wales